Submission Rules & Guidelines
- Submit a motivation letter no longer than 1 page of A4 (font size 12, single spacing), written in English.
- The contest is restricted to Ugandan citizens, between 18 and 25 years of age.
- Submit a project proposal, that shouldn’t be longer than 1 page of A4 (font size 12, single spacing), written in English. The proposed subject must be noteworthy and original or, an original take on an old idea.
- One proposal per photographer will be considered. In the case of multiple submissions being received from a single photographer only the first proposal received will be considered.
- The portfolio should consist up to 20 images taken by the applicant which you will represent your photographic approach and interests.
- Only submissions uploaded via the entry website by the July 15th 2018 deadline will be accepted.
- The applications will be reviewed by a jury who will select the winner and two runners-up who will be invited to participate in the 2019 mentorship programme.
- Any correspondence with judges pertaining to the judging process will be grounds for disqualification.
- With the submission the photographer agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
- While there will be no restrictions to technical quality of the images submitted, applicants are expected to submit their best quality images.
- Images must have accurate captions, written in English only, and contain adequate information which should include:
- Description of who is in the photograph and what is going on within the photo.
- Name of the place where the picture was made.
- Provide the date the photo was made.
- Captions must give context for what’s not seen (e.g. the scene of walking pilgrims).
The winner of the competition will be announced on October 18th, 2018.